Monday, September 2, 2013

Fall Vintage Style 2013

With changing seasons comes new inspiration for the wardrobe. Personally, when it comes to fall, if it's warm and comfy, I'm on board. In preparation for the new season I thought I'd compile a list of my own personal go to items this fall. 


1) Old Man Slacks + Oxford Shoes

Italian Slacks / Thrifted Banana Republic Sleeveless Top / Tokio Kumagai Oxfords
For some reason, fall always gets me in the mood for preppy, polished looks. That is why my go to pant this season is slacks. The more grandpa-y the better. Naturally, oxfords are my shoe of choice with this look. Luckily, I found a pair in my size from another awesome Etsy shop (Viejita Custom Vintage). This pair was especially amazing because they have a cool cut out near the heel and they fit like a dream. It doesn't hurt that they are also made by designer Tokio Kumagai. 
To balance off the grandpa vibez in this outfit I paired it with a sleeveless Banana Republic linen blouse with a scalloped collar.



2) The Over-sized Sweater + Platform Sandals

Salmon Pink Knit Sweater / Levis Skinny Jeans / Bass Platform Sandals

A knit sweater with sandals??? That's cray.     ...What's crazier is that I'd rather wear Birkenstock's with this outfit but I don't own a pair as of yet. Why sandals? Maybe it's cause it's still 100 degrees here in the southwest and I haven't wrapped my brain around what "cold" is.   I don't really know why I'm into this look, especially since I hate pairing summer items with winter items... shorts and uggs for instance. Typically, mixing seasonal items just doesn't make sense to me, but platform sandals and sweaters? What's not to love. 

3) Denim on Denim / 70s Jeans

Denim Shirt (or find a vintage Lee Denim Shirt here) / 70's Denim Pants / Bass Platform Sandals


I'll be honest, this is more of a spring thing in my eyes, but I guess I'm just trying to get a head start. I love skinny jeans, but there aint nothin' like a retro pair of wide leg jeans...?. ....bell bottoms?...  flares? I don't know what they're called any more but I think I'll be sporting them this fall (and spring and summer).

4) Crop Tops + Skirts

Crop Top / Vintage Button Down Skirt / Bass Platform Sandals

Hey! This is turning into a summer wardrobe list...    Ugh, whatever, you can just put on a sweater over if you get cold. I'm sick of these "weather rules". The fact is, crop tops have become my number one thing to wear.  They are really comfortable, and they look good with high waist stuff, especially skirts. Especially vintage mid length, matronly skirts.




Those are some of my fall (ish) outfits, but the list also includes boat shoes (of the Sperry or Timberland variety), cropped button down blouses, leather bags, tweed and plaid. BUT, it's still early, and as mentioned previously, my mind isn't tuned to 'cold' yet so I could be singing a different wardrobe tune at any moment. Until then...